FREE SHIPPING on Orders Over $100! Bulk & Commercial Inquiries handshake icon desktop

Switch to LED and Save!


Switch to LED and Save! 

LED Office Lighting

You might wonder why the popularity of LED lights has suddenly shot up these days. Most people use to have the misconception that it is very costly in comparison to incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. LED lights may have more of an up-front cost however, they work out to be less expensive in the long run. Now many people have realized that purchasing LED lights saves money.

Lifespan & Maintenance

LED lights have a rated lifespan of up to 50,000+ hours of illumination compared to a maximum of 2,000 hours with traditional incandescent. That means you would have to change an incandescent bulb 25x times before you would have to change an LED bulb once. These money saving lights make a significant difference.

Let’s take a look at another comparison: fluorescent bulbs have a lifespan of about 8,000 hours compared to the LED replacements with 50,000+ hours. This means you would have to change out your fluorescent bulbs 6x times before having to change the LED bulb once.

Since LED bulbs last so much longer than traditional bulbs, this means that you now have to perform maintenance significantly less.

Energy Savings

LED lighting is one of the most energy efficient types of lighting on the market. LED lights save up to 70% of a company’s energy consumption. LEDs eliminate virtually no heat and can be left on for hours and still be cool to the touch. Since LEDs do not produce excessive heat, it makes the lights more effective and reduce the energy used.

An incandescent bulb loses 80% of its energy to heat, leaving only 20% for light. LED bulbs, however, turn this around by only using 20% of its energy to heat and the remaining 80% on the light itself.

Light Direction

Light produced by an LED is directional or focused, whereas incandescent bulbs throw light in all directions. Directional light makes the LEDs more efficient because the light can be focused for specific applications.


Thanks to President Barack Obama’s stimulus package to reward the implementation of “green” infrastructural investment, there’s actually money to be made from your business using LEDs, not just money saved. The President promised to give environmentally friendly companies help in leading by example in how such businesses might go about reducing their carbon footprint.

 As part of the 2009 stimulus package, the federal government awarded $34 billion in government investments to companies that showed their initiative in converting to energy efficient methods of doing business. This could mean that an organization receives federal funds to help with the logistical implementation of a large-scale LED lighting system, thereby LED lights save money on the necessity of having to contract the work out to a third party.

With 8 years of experience and expertise, HTM Lighting Solutions is a leader in manufacturing and supplying commercial and industrial lighting products. If you’d like to find out more about our LED Technology and how we can help you start saving, please, call us today at (813) 649-8899 and speak to one of our lighting specialists to see how YOU can start saving!

Previous Post Next Post

  • Hugo Merminod