120V Outdoor Swivel Mount Light Control Photocell
Automatically turns the light ON at dusk and OFF at dawn!
Dusk-to-Dawn Photocells are circuit elements used in automatic light controller systems that enable a light to turn on when the surrounding environment is dark and off when it becomes bright again by telling the circuit when to provide more or less current.
This 120V dusk to dawn photocell is compatible with Incandescent, Fluorescent, LED, Halogen, Mercury Vapor, CFLs, and High-Pressure Sodium Bulbs.
The photocell mounts through a standard 1/2'' or 3/4'' NPT Knockout.
Compatible with 120VAC, 50/60Hz / 1800W Tungsten / 1100VA Ballast
- Disconnect the power supply at the fuse box or circuit breaker. The outdoor light control must be installed in a weatherproof enclosure and wired directly into an outdoor box fixture.
- Connect the black power line wire (hot line) to the black wire of the light control.
- Connect the black wires from the light fixture to the red wire of the control.
- Connect the white wire from the light fixture and white wire of the control to the white power line (neutral).
- Tighten the nut and gasket enough to create a watertight seal.
- Turn on the power supply.
- When dark, the outdoor photocell will turn on the bulb and the cycle begins.
Not Compatible With Dimmers or Bug Zappers.